Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Friday, January 8, 2010

BORING WEATHER!

If all anyone has to talk about is the weather, then they must have a pretty boring life. Today I have a boring life! Wednesday, though cold, was gorgeous, with cloudless blue skies. Yesterday, we had snow forecast. I know this is nothing to you in the North, but we rarely have snow and ice so we are never prepared. I made it to work and stayed my 8 hours. Luckily I have a driver so made it home fine. The driveway was a bit icy, the steps WERE iced, but by walking on the grass, using my cane, being careful, I made it. Temperature never got above freezing. We had sleet and some snow. Three ladies in the office left at noon, another left at 4. The boss left about 4 to go home to get some sleep, knowing he'd be out all night. Our crew was out all day and would be out last night, putting de-icer on the roads. One of the men not on the crew was going to stay all night to answer the phones. The governor sent word about 3:30 that state offices would not open until 10 today. It was too late for me to reschedule my morning bus so I would've had to leave home as usual about 6 a.m. I planned to go to work today but the thermometer on my porch showed 10 degrees at 5 a.m., and with 15 mph North winds, the wind chill brought it to about 5 below 0! I called dispatch and canceled my buses for today. Just too risky navigating my front steps and the driveway. Maybe I could have sat in a cardboard box and SLID down the driveway to the street! I lived in metro Tampa, Florida about 30 years. You know where I'd like to be right now! Stay warm, y'all!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive