Didn't plan to post so many today, but since I don't feel like doing much ... here's another dose for ya'. I've got most of author Henry Kisor's books, and was happy that he has not 1 but 2 blogs! Reading today on henrykisor.blogspot.com about trains, and the one just previous to that, about his being deaf, reminded me of "A Little Bit Fine" that I wrote April 29, 2007. (Yes, I have a slight hearing loss, including having hearing aids. Groan. Whine.)
A little bit deaf, a little bit blind, a little bit fat, a little bit fine!
Some things I have, some things not - the things I have, better use what I've got! Got some hearing. Got some sight, got some energy. Better do right!
Gonna be fine if I exercise. Use residual hearing - the same with eyes.
Polarized glasses, visors, too, and help for my ears so I understand you!
Sit close together. Sit nearby. Sit next to me - conversations high!
Touching works fine. Brain's intact. I'm mostly OK. Not much I lack!
Handicapped? You talking to me? There's other ways to hear and see.
Eye surgeries and hearing aids - I see and hear a little. I've got it made!
To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!
- I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2012 (34)
- LADY WITH THE LONG WHITE CANE
- A LITTLE BIT FINE
- TRAVELING LIGHT
- HOSTILE, RELUCTANT PATIENT
- WHY NOT?
- HOBBIES AGAIN
- TWO FAVORITE VERSES
- SING TO ME
- MUSIC and LAUGHTER
- BORING WEATHER!
- OFF WORK
- AUTOHARPIN' on NEW YEAR's EVE
- ON the ZEPHYR
- 12:10 a.m. JANUARY 1, 2010
- ▼ January (20)