Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

SING TO ME

Jabal raised livestock.
His brother Jubal was the "father" of those who played musical instruments.
Their half-brother was Tubal-cain, an instructor in brass and iron.
I wonder if Tubal-cain made the musical instruments that were played.
And it's interesting that the first music mentioned in the Bible is in the lineage of Cain - Genesis 4:16-19.

King David was the "sweet psalmist [singer] of Israel" - 2 Sam. 23:1.

In Heaven, will there be sermons, prayers, Lord's Supper, or collection? What will there be?

When I awake, sing sweetly to me.
When the sun is up, sing brightly with me.
When I am happy, sing with me.
When I need to relax, sing gently to me.
When I am sad, sing croons to me.
When I want to celebrate (1) - graduation, a new job, etc. - sing joyfully with me.
When I go on a trip or move away (2) - think of bands on a ship dock - sing me on my journey.
When I need to learn something (3), put it to a tune and sing it to me.
When I am upset, sing softly to me.
When I feel like crying, sing the blues with me.
When I win a battle (4), sing sing triumphantly with me.
When I am imprisoned (5) - literally or figuratively - sing with me.
When I am safe from my enemies (6), sing with me.
When I am worried and cannot sleep (7), sing to me.
When I angry, sing to calm me.
When it's raining, sing to me.
When I worship (8), sing praises to God with me.
When I am married, sing with me.
When I birth my child, sing lullabies with me.
At night time, quietly sing me to sleep (9).
When I'm on my death bed (10), let the last thing I hear on this Earth be your singing to me as I listen for the Heavenly angel chorus on Heaven's side to welcome me.

God writes the songs (Deut. 31:19) ... God sings (Zeph. 3:17) ... and God gives the songs (Job 35:10).

Sing to me.

Some verses - I'm sure there are more - 1: Lk. 15:25-27; 2: Gen. 31:26-27; 3: Deut. 31:19-22; 4: Jud. 5:1-3; 5: A. 16:23-25; 6: 2 Sam. 22:1; 7: 1 Sam. 16:14-23; 8: Psa. 104:33; 149:1; 9: Psa. 42:8; 10: 2 Chr. 35:25; 11: Mt. 9:18-25.

- by Netagene, June 27 - 28, 2008 -

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive