Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Monday, January 18, 2010

HOBBIES

This being a holiday and I am home, so figured it would be a good time to start on the CAL ("crochet-a-long") from the Gourmet Crochet blog. The designer comes up with some gorgeous things! I usually have at least 2 WIP's (work-in-progress). This CAL is for an afghan of squares and rectangles and she posts more on her blog every day or so. Daddy's mother taught me to crochet when I was little, and I learned that I can still do a lot even with poor eyesight. I have some Caron One Pound skeins in rose on hand, and some of the matching rose ombre, so that's what I'm using. Of the first 2 squares, the first was almost the size specified. The 2nd was almost 2" smaller! I've ripped out twice, and the 3rd time, by making bigger chain stitches, got it closer to the same size. Here's a couple of afghans I've made. The yellow is one that I made up and was much prettier than the picture shows. I gave it to friends who helped me some when I was out of work. The granny fan is from a kit. I was able to sell it at a consignment shop.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive