Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

MUSIC and LAUGHTER

Years ago, a good friend in Florida had cancer that had metastasized. I stayed overnight with him some. One evening, another couple and I went to his house. We all played and sang country, bluegrass, and folk music for 2 or 3 hours, and had a great time! George, who had to take morphine 2-to-3 times a day, did not have to take any morphine for the 2 or 3 days following our little party. He could also go to sleep, and sleep well, if I put in a bluegrass music tape to play right by his bed. While it did not cure him, the music and laughter, of which he was a part (he played guitar and banjo, and sang), made him much more comfortable and in much less pain in his final months. It has been only in recent years that people have discovered that what God wrote hundreds of years ago about music and laughter - is true. Look up - and read - 1 Samuel 16:14-23, Proverbs 15:13, and Proverbs 17:22.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive