Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

TRAVELING LIGHT

"Traveling Light" is the title of a book by Max Lucado. In one sense, "traveling light" is a verb and an adverb that has to do with going on a trip and taking only the necessities, no excess baggage, nothing that would slow you down. We all know people who have so much emotional baggage that we don't want to be with them! Think of the seed that fell on thorny ground (Mt. 13:3-8, 22). The cares of the world were too much, or as we say, the person had "too much baggage". "The person with the most toys, wins" isn't true. The opposite is true: "You can't take it with you". Job said (1:21), "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart". We are told that in running life's race, we are to "get rid of every weight and sin that hinders us" (Heb. 12:1).

"Traveling light" is also an adjective and an noun - a lantern on a miner's hat, a candle when the electricity fails, the sweeping headlight on a locomotive, headlights on a car - so that we can see where we are, where we are going, what's ahead, and so that others can see us, either as an example of the way to go, or where not to go if we fall. The Bible says a lot about light. We are to follow Jesus, "The Light" (John 1). His words are a light to guide us (Psa. 119:105). We also are to be lights, and are not to hide our light (Mt. 5:14-16; Luke 12:34-35). We sing about light: "Stepping in the Light", "You can't be a Beacon if your Light don't shine", "This little Light of mine".

Are you TRAVELING LIGHT with your TRAVELING LIGHT?

- by Netagene, June, 2003 -

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive