More musical things! I've heard the sentence: "Music soothes the savage beast". Here is the actual quotation, taken from http://www.phrases.org.uk/. It was written in 1697 by William Congreve in "The Mourning Bride".
"Musick has Charms to soothe a savage Breast,
To soften Rocks, or bend a knotted Oak.
I've read, that things inanimate have mov'd,
And, as with living Souls, have been inform'd,
By Magick Numbers and persuasive Sound ..."
To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!
- I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2012 (34)
- LADY WITH THE LONG WHITE CANE
- A LITTLE BIT FINE
- TRAVELING LIGHT
- HOSTILE, RELUCTANT PATIENT
- WHY NOT?
- HOBBIES AGAIN
- TWO FAVORITE VERSES
- SING TO ME
- MUSIC and LAUGHTER
- BORING WEATHER!
- OFF WORK
- AUTOHARPIN' on NEW YEAR's EVE
- ON the ZEPHYR
- 12:10 a.m. JANUARY 1, 2010
- ▼ January (20)