Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

BIBLE!

A package was delivered to me today. Recently my old PDA (a 3-way trade I think, a year or so ago) died. It might have been partly because I hadn't used it much one week, and I didn't charge it. When I did, I couldn't get it to work. A friend got it back to working somewhat, but I had the Bible on a chip (loaded from olivetree.com), and couldn't get it to work correctly. In the last several years, I've found that most Bibles no longer have a good concordance. The Bible on the chip had a fantastic concordance! I was using that Bible both at worship as well as carrying it with me almost everywhere because it was small and would fit in almost any purse.

So a few days ago, I ordered a Franklin Electronic Bible from Christianbooks.com. I bought model BIB-475. It has both KJV and NIV. It uses 2 triple-A batteries, which I've got to see if I have any here at home. I will probably put white sticky labels on some of the keys, with bold black letters to make some of the function keys easier for me to see. The QWERTY keyboard is clear, but the other keys are gold with tiny letters. Closed, it is only about 5.5" x 3.5 x .75"

I'm sure I'll love using it once I put in batteries, and figure out how to work it!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive