Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

PICNIC!

Even though the weather wasn't warm, it was tolerable, and Bill & Ziggy, who attend worship where I go, had their annual picnic. They live about 30 miles away, on several acres that is part of her family's property from years ago. During the hayride (one of the other men drove the tractor that pulled a low, flat-bed trailer with hay bales down the middle for seats), Bill narrated that the old Georgia Road ran through the property, what was a wagon trail years ago to Rome, Georgia.

There is a spring-fed lake there, and Bill said the water is about 13' deep by the dam. They have sold most of their cows, but still have 5 cows and 1 bull. They have a big nice house, with a porch on opposite sides, and a big 2-car attached garage, with a big paved area. They set up tables and benches and chairs, a gas grill (Steve, the preacher, was grill master, with hamburgers and hot dogs). There was also a place for marshmallow roasting, and a couple of other "heaters" that burned charcoal or wood. Everyone took food. There were already swing sets for the children (which their grandkids play on of course). And it was announced that there were about 70 people there, and were from 4 congregations of the church of Christ.

People came and went from about 11:30 until about 4:00. And of course if you come away hungry, it's your own fault! I rode with 3 other ladies.

Thanks to Joyce for the ride, and to sweet Christians Bill & Ziggy for doing that.

And tomorrow (Sunday) through Wednesday is our gospel meeting. Some call it a revival, and isn't that what it should be?

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive