Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Monday, November 22, 2010

help me come up with a title for this one!

Treading water in an empty pool, or waking from a good dream?
Disappointment can be so cruel when reality's lost its gleam.
It's disheartening to find things blurry, not lively and at my feet.
I sometimes must look in the mirror to change things from lemons to sweet.
I'll learn from the problems I've been through, and change the setbacks I can.
I'll tackle the image I see there ... With God's help, I'm still able to stand.
If a physical problem hits me, or a friend or kin shies away,
I'll remember it's only temporal, and Eternity's my brighter day.
I know there will always be problems. I know I will sometimes be sad.
Contentment is what I will strive for, knowing I'll make it, and I will be glad.
I'll fill up that "pool" with pure water. I'll hang onto my dreams and my plans.
I know there's hope for tomorrow. With God's help, not "I can't", but "I can"!

- by Netagene, November 19, 2010 -

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive