Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Monday, November 15, 2010

A WINDOW to OUR OWN HEARTS

Last Wednesday morning, visiting preacher David Maxson showed pictures from his one trip to South Africa and Zimbabwe. He said that unemployment is 94% in Zimbabwe, and the money is worthless, that stores will take only US dollars. One man walked over 12 miles, on crutches, and wearing a suit, to hear David and others preach. In one group of about 60, only 2 had a Bible. But it was more than pictures; he also preached. He said this is the only sermon that he wrote while he was in Africa.

A Rich Young Ruler - Mark 10:17-23 - He lacked only one thing.

The Apostles were excited when a rich man came to Jesus, but upset when people brought their children to Him (Mark 10:13-16).

1. Entrance into The Kingdom involves more than outward obedience.
There was a lot to commend about this young man.
- He was eager. He ran to Jesus, was humble, knelt before Him.
- He was respectful, calling Jesus "Good Teacher".
- He asked a good question: "What must I do?"
- He lived morally: "All these things I have kept ..."
- He was from a good family: " ... from my youth".
JESUS loved him, but a door in his heart was closed (verse 22, and Revelation 3:20).

2. In the Kingdom of God, we receive more than we give up. The 12 apostles all gave up a lot (Mark 10:28-30).
WE GIVE UP ...
- house
- family
- land
WE RECEIVE ...
- 100 times more of these,
- and persecution,
- and Eternal Life!
See Matthew 6:33

Are we willing to give up our "dime store pearls" for the real thing?

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive