Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day

I voted. Did you?

I have 2 polling places. The one for city elections is accessible by city bus, or actually by walking if I so choose, though it's about a mile, and with no sidewalks most of the way, and a steep hill, and with my having poor eyesight and not the best hearing ... groan, whine!

The place I am to vote for everything else is off the beaten path for those of us unable to drive, and is not accessible by city bus (also meaning that the paratransit bus will not go there). So for a few years now, I have requested an absentee ballot. Therefore my ballot was received at the election office a couple of weeks ago.

I have voted in almost every election since I have been of voting age. I read up and study the candidates the best I can Regrettably sometimes it means, to me, voting for the lesser of 2 evils, and that is the case for today's Alabama governor's election.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive