Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Isaiah 49

September 20, 2008, Steve, the preacher as well as one of the elders where I worship, asked if I could write a song about a verse dealing with our being engraved on God's hands. I found the verse. Almost immediately some words came to mind, and part of a tune. A couple of days ago, out of the blue, I came up with another poem/song, and a tune. Regrettably I haven't notated either one, but here are the 2 poems, which I'll set to music eventually when I'm in the mood to sit at the piano with a #2 pencil, an eraser, and some manuscript paper, or when the weather is tolerable to sit on the porch with a keyboard.

In the first, written September 21, 2008, I refer to Genesis 1, Job 38, Jeremiah 1:5, and Philippians 4:19, as well as Isaiah 49:5, 13-18.

I know God (I know God) made everything,
It was good (it was good), very good.
And to Him (and to Him) I'll pray and sing.
God is good (God is good), very good.

Chorus:
Salvation for me! Jesus came to earth and lived as a man.
With the nails of Calvary,
He has inscribed me in the palms of His hands.

Before my birth (my birth), God knew me.
He is pow'r (He is pow'r), Creator, pow'r.
With His love (His love), He set me free.
God is pow'r (He is pow'r), all might and pow'r.

God will supply (He'll supply) all I need.
He is wise (He is wise), all knowing, wise.
Christ died and rose (He arose), for me did bleed.
God is wise (He is wise), omniscient, wise.

- by Netagene, September 21, 2008 -

I use only verses from Isaiah 49 (8, 10, 13, 15, 16) in this new poem/song from a couple of days ago:

God hears me, and God helps me. God saves me,
And by His mercy leads me to springs of wa...ter.

Sing, O heav'ns. Be joyful, O earth. Break into song, mountains,
For God comforts and remem...bers me.

Chorus:
For I ... am chosen of God, when I ... choose to follow God.
I ... will sing unto God,
For He has engraved me on the palms of His hands.

- by Netagene, July 8, 2010 -

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive