Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WORSHIP SERVICES & Rides

The church I attend has Sunday Bible study at 9:30 a.m. (opening with a short prayer), then preaching service (every Sunday consisting of announcements, prayers, congregational singing, the Lord's Supper, the collection, and a sermon). Sunday afternoon we meet at 5 p.m. for another hour.

Wednesday evening service starts at 6:30 and lasts about an hour. It is prayers, Bible study, announcements, and a few songs.

We have no public transit on Sunday so I usually have a ride. I made it last Sunday morning, but not Sunday afternoon. My usual ride (actually 3 in the same family) attended the visitation for a relative of theirs who died last Friday night.

I get off work at 4:30 and ride the city bus paratransit. Today my driver did not get me until 6:25 ... too late to make it to worship this evening. It was not the driver's fault. I think there are more buses in what I call the "bone" yard, than on the ready lot. The one I was on awhile ago, like so many, was one in which the air conditioning did not work. It was still 90 degrees on my front porch when I got home about 6:55.

I'm glad I have a job, and I'm glad we do have public transit; I only wish the area mayors and city councils felt like supporting it.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive