Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

MOVIES I HAVE NOT SEEN

When I was growing up, we called them "picture shows", not "movies" or the "cinema".

There are a lot of movies that I have not seen. Today I bought "The First Wives' Club" to add to my collection of movies I have not seen. It stars Bette Midler, Diane Keaton, and Goldie Hawn. I hope it's good. It cost $5. I rarely pay more than that for a DVD.

In my stash of movies I have not seen are "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", "Napoleon Dynamite" (highly recommended to my by a friend close to my age who has retinitis pigmentosa, is married, and has 3 grown children), and "Mr. Bean's Holiday". I remember watching "Mr. Bean" on public TV 30 or 40 years ago!

Also in the bin of $5 movies was both the "Smokey and the Bandit" movies, and "Blazing Saddles". I almost bought them. I saw them when they first hit the theaters. Speaking of "Blazing Saddles", a friend and I saw "Space Balls at the matinee the day it opened. Almost everyone in the audience was almost rolling in the aisle, laughing! Another favorite by Mel Brooks is "Young Frankenstein".

I've listed a few favorite movies in the "about me" section, so that's another idea to write about. I'll give you time to look them up before I write about them though!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive