Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 2



7:50 a.m. Sunday, July 1, 2012.
If the world WAS small, the church would be small, too,
and I wouldn't have many friends. I'm blessed that my friend is YOU!

9:45 a.m. Thursday, July 5.
Don't always depend on my little rhymes.
I think up some good 'n's, but some aren't so fine!

7:45 a.m. Friday, July 6.
I slept lousy. I feel rough.
I'm alive. Guess that's enough.

8:45 a.m. Saturday, July 7,
My eyes, my ears, my cheeks, my nose, my teeth, yeah, they all hurt!
I feel like I've been hit by a truck that's dumped a load of dirt!
I figure all these allergies are caused by crazy weather.
I hope I do not drown from it. I hope I soon get better!

(written in about 5 minutes late the previous night because I dreaded lying down!)

8:15 a.m. Sunday, July 8.
I attend worship on this Lord's Day.
I'm glad I can, here in the USA.

10 a.m. Monday, July 9.
It's Monday morning and yes, I'm up.
Beans to eat and water to sup.

8:15 a.m. Tuesday, July 10.
Ladies' Bible class this morn - I'm going to miss today.
Still trying to feel not so bad. Allergies, go away!

8:45 a.m. Wednesday, July 11.
I'm starting to feel human - Oh yes, just a little -
I'll never be fine - but just fit as a bass fiddle!

(For those of you who don't know much about music - "bass" here is pronounced "base", like the first part of "basement", not like the fish. And you can look for a picture of a bass fiddle! LOL!)

I wrote this in a few minutes on July 11, and posted it on my sister's Facebook page at 12:01 a.m. on July 12, her 65th birthday:
Happy Birthday, my sister. I hope that you are well,
And that you are happy, and live long with much to tell!
I pray for you daily, that you'll always worship God,
Because that's more important than birthdays, after life on earth's been trod.
So even though this little poem is my only gift to you:
May you be satisfied and content whether years are long or few.
Happy Birthday and many more. Be blessed, no matter what's in store.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive