Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 3



8:30 a.m. Thursday, July 12, 2012.
The driveway's slick to walk on. Strong winds blew down pine needles.
I'd rather that, than if 'twas blown s swarm of bees or beetles!


(That literally happened Tuesday evening with real strong winds - driveway and yard have a LOT of pine needles all over. I wrote this in about 5 minutes late the previous day. We've had a little bit of rain and more is forecast. The temperature hasn't been quite so hot.) 

9:00 a.m. Friday, July 13.
I made it through another night.
A brand new day. I'll live it right.

7:40 a.m. Saturday, July 14.
I'll be gone today - no crochet or knitting.
I'll be helping friends. I'll be ''sister sitting''.
Miz Rena is about 91 years, and mostly is OK.
Her son-in-law and daughter will be gone today.
Miz Rena's mind is mostly sharp, and physically, she's better than me.
So we'll watch after each other, all day - happily.

8:05 a.m. Sunday, July 15.
This is the day that God has made.
I'll thank God and I'll pray.
The sun peeks in though blinds are closed.
I'm up and soon on my way.

(Yes, God made EVERY day, but this is Sunday, and I'll be "on my way" to worship shortly. I hope you are going to be worshipping God today, too!)

8:30 a.m. Monday, July 16.
Yes, it's still hot. The flowers fade.
I stay inside behind closed shades.

8:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 17.
Every Tuesday, a Bible class.
I enjoy it much. The time goes fast.

9:15 a.m. Wednesday, July 18.
I'm up. I'm OK. I'm checking in.
Thanks for caring. How have YOU been?

8:50 a.m. Thursday, July 19.
My tastes are real varied. I like lots of things,
Right now, here's what's on my porch:
Books about trains and about hearing loss, 
Potting soil and yarn and scissors -
Dishes, newspapers, too -
What I need is a big trash can -
To toss the stuff when I am through!
(written Friday afternoon, July 13).

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive