Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 1



Once when a good friend hadn’t heard from me by email, text, phone, or on Facebook, she was worried. Thus I decided that, whenever possible, the first thing I’d do each morning when I got up and turned on the computer would be to post a little poem. The first one was on June 14, 2012. A few times I was unable to post something because either the internet connection was down, or because I was on a train or bus!

So for what it’s worth, I’ll start posting these by groups of a week or so. Some are pretty good; some are merely “checking in”. Most are real short.

8:30 a.m. Thursday, June 14, 2012..
Good morning! I'm blessed, though my house is a mess.
Sending hugs on the way, that you've blessed, too, today!

8:20 a.m. Friday, June 15.
Let's rejoice and pray. Thank God for today -
Blue skies, not gray. It's beautiful, I say!

8:40 a.m. Saturday, June 16.
"It's a small world after all". I say, "No, it's not.
It's a really great big world. I love the MANY friends I've got!"

8 a.m. Monday, June 18.
Yes, I'm up. How about you?
Gotta a whole lot of things to do!

7:15 a.m. Tuesday, June 19.
Good morning! Good-bye! Amtrak's how I "fly"!
The "Crescent" comes through. I'll be on it, too!
Gotta get crackin' and finish packin'.
I'll still be in touch, but not quite as much
These next few days while I'm away.

(Amtrak's "Crescent" left Birmingham at 2:24 p.m. on Tuesday, June 19. I went to Providence, RI, to the national convention of the Hearing Loss Association of America. I didn't have a way to post anything the next day because I was on the train and had no wi-fi. Also, all I had while I was gone was my Nook Color and even though I had wi-fi, using Facebook with that was a pain, so I didn't try to post while I was gone. I got home Tuesday afternoon, June 26.)

8:45 a.m. Thursday, June 28.
I made it just fine on Amtrak's main line.
Rhode Island I was in - a few days with some friends!

9:30 a.m. Friday, June 29.
I'm up and moving. I'll stay inside.
Forecast is HOT. Outside, I'd fry.

7:45 a.m. Saturday, June 30.
Another day of 100 degrees.
We complain when it's hot. We complain when we freeze.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive