Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 10



8:15 a.m. Tuesday, September 4, 2012.
No Bible class today. Can't think of how to rhyme.
Surgery for someone. Feel sure all will go fine.

(The class is at Joy's house; her mother Sara also attends. Joe is Joy's father/Sara's husband. He's having vein surgery on one leg this day and on the other leg tomorrow.)

8:40 a.m. Wednesday, September 5.
Wednesday morning Bible class starts again today!
Nice to study with friends. I'll soon be on my way!

(This one's only during the school year. We meet in a room at the Huffman church house. Not sure what we’d be studying, but I found out when I got there! It’s a book about the conquest of Canaan and the Israelite judges.)

9:55 a.m. Thursday, September 6.
When I wake up choking, I take half a Claritin.
Store brand works just as fine, 'til I breathe easy again.

(Crazy weather! Also felt like someone hit me in the eye - at least it's my left eye. As I was posting that, the temperature was 75 and the humidity was 80%.)

9:05 a.m. Friday, September 7.
You probably have some friends who I don't like,
and I probably have some of whom you're not fond.
But neither of us should try to control the other
Much better that we could be friends and have a close bond.

(I wrote that in a few minutes the previous day after someone called to tell me that she was unfriending me because of some people I am friends with on Facebook.)

9:33 a.m. Saturday, September 8.
Saturday is here again, but most days I just yawn.
I retired in twenty-ten. Don't get up 'fore dawn.

(For my last job, I had to ride the paratransit bus. My driver was usually at my house about 6 a.m. to get me to work by 7:30.)

8:09 a.m. Sunday, September 9.
Sunday morning, worship again –
all together, both women and men.
Not separated, as some churches do.
God is Creator, and He'll see us through.

9:25 a.m. Monday, September 10.
Got a big sty in my eye -
hurts, oh my! Makes me cry!

(The lady who sits near me at worship is the one who spotted the problem - a big white blog on the inside of my lower left eyelid. I haven't had a sty in "ages".)

9:05 a.m. Monday, September 11.
The weather has changed. The humidity's high.
The temperature's nice, but the ''fog'' hurts my eye.
It's somewhat like wading - drops hang in the air,
but at least things are cooler, and the mist will soon clear.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive