Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 13



8:15 a.m. Tuesday, September 25
Today I'll “sister sit” for awhile.
Ms. Rena's in her 90s, always makes me smile.

8:38 a.m. Wednesday, September 26.
Better is a burger that I share with a friend,
than a steak all alone just for me.
Better to cry with a friend who is sad,
than to laugh all alone heartily.
(10:30 a.m. at the church house today, then all who wanted to, went to the Olive Garden for lunch ... so today I ate - and laughed - with 13 other ladies and 3 men! But other days, YES, I'd rather have a burger with a friend than some fancy food by myself.)

9 a.m. Thursday, September 27. 
A bit soon to worship last night was fine.
Joyce got me early. She forgot what time.
We usually meet at 6:30, but last night met at 7.
Would be wonderful, though, to be early to Heaven!


9:27 a.m. Friday, September 28.
The weather is crazy. Today it is hot.
Doesn't change if I fuss, doesn't change if I not.
There's better things to think on, and so
Good thoughts on my mind, rather than "woe, woe, woe"!

8:40 a.m. Saturday, September 29.
If I'm up after midnight, I sometimes start seeing things ...
Crawlies on the floor, or movements that have wings.
I know my eyes and brain plays tricks,
but I sure wish they would cease,
Of course if I went to bed earlier, rather than hallucinations, I'd be sound asleep!

7:45 a.m. Sunday, September 30.
One day of the week, we ate some "gospel bird".
You mean you've never heard that? It's really not absurd!
Just think of Sunday dinner, when company came to meet
Each other for a meal! Chicken! Let's all eat!
(First of course: spiritual food at worship. Weather forecast is 90% rain today but some of us still went to lunch. As Ms. Eunice says, rain or not, we still have to eat! Chicken is also known as "yard bird”.)

9:00 a.m. Monday, October 1.
Going to be a busy week. Can't post every day.
This is my only ''stay home''. Other times, I'll be away.
Glad I'm staying home today. Forecast again is rain.
I'll stay busy with something! Work the little cells in my brain!


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive