Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 5



8:20 a.m. Friday, July 27, 2012.
Sometimes I don't know what to write.
Just say I made it another night.

8:55 a.m. Saturday, July 28.
I can't drive and I live alone,
So most of the time, I'm stuck at home.
But I have friends I thank God for,
And today with friends, I'll be out the door!

(Pat will be over for a few minutes with 2 books the Tuesday morning ladies' Bible class will consider using, then Stephanie's coming over later and will help me with a few things, and we'll go to Michael's and to Chick-Fil-A. Yes!!!)

8:20 a.m. Sunday, July 29.
Decisions, decisions af styles and of hues -
I'm too many clothes. It's a bit hard to choose.

7:45 a.m. Monday, July 30.
This morning I plan to walk to the store.
When I get back, I'll tell you more.

8:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 31.
Thundering rumbles before sun-up,
Two days now this week.
The porch is all wet from the rain blowing in -
But at least the roof doesn't leak!

7:50 a.m. Wednesday, August 1.
Going out for breakfast at Chick-Fil-A.
Supporting what they stand for, particularly today!

7:50 a.m. Thursday, August 2.
I wonder if I'm clucking in any way,
After eating more "chikin" yesterday!
I ate breakfast and supper at Chick-Fil-A,
Both times with friends! Yeah, that's OK!

8:35 a.m. Friday, August 3.
Mosquitoes are needling, I'm what they hit.
I know now that I'm sweet and that's why I'm bit!
Didn't think I was tasty but 'squitos don't like sour things.
They fill up with my blood. My legs and arms sting!

9:00 a.m.  Saturday, August 4.
I was up after midnight - Reading 3 books -
Making 2 things with my crochet hooks.

(Books: "Holy Fool" by Harold Fickett, "The Princess Bride" – it was a story long before it was a movie, and the one I mentioned earlier, with each chapter written by a chef of true happening in a restaurant: "Don't Try This at Home" … crocheting: a fancy scarf and a simple shrug,)

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive