Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 7



9:45 a.m. Tuesday, August 14, 2012.
I was up but the internet was down. That's why I didn't check in.
I did some other stuff, and as you can tell, I'm finally on line again.

8:55 a.m. Wednesday, August 15.
Crocheting and reading are my pastimes. The house will be here when I'm not.
I pity my friend who will handle my things ... getting rid of all the stuff that I've got!

7:50 a.m. Thursday, August 16.
Today I think I'll ride the bus. The weather's not quite so hot.
There's a grocery about 4 miles away. The store's name is Save-a-lot.

10:03 p.m. Thursday, August 16.
Supper for mosquitoes - that's what I became.
I wanted to stay out on my porch,
But my arms began to feel a'flame!
I came in and smeared on some stuff.
I also took some meds.
My arms are still hurting real badly
so I'm going real early to bed.

9:25 a.m. Friday, August 17.
Need calamine lotion, took benedryl. Wish I didn't have to take a pill!
Still itchy arms from skeeter bites, but I'm alive ... guess I'm all right.

9:30 a.m. Saturday, August 18.
To bed after midnight, I woke up late - of course.
"Checkin' in" as usual, feelin' no remorse!

Sure I get a bit lonesome sometimes, but think of this:
I keep what hours I want to.
I get up when I want to.
I eat when I want to.
I go to bed when I want to.
Last night I went to bed about 2 a.m., and got up today about 8 a.m.

8:15 a.m. Sunday, August 19.
When it comes to preaching,
there's so much to be done here at home.
But I pray God's special blessings
on those who decide to roam.

Some friends of mine - the Buchanans –
Four children and Debbie and James -
are leaving tomorrow for South Africa,
going to work for Jesus' Name.
 
So friends, I'll be praying for you –
praying you're wonderfully blessed,
as you work for Christ in His Kingdom.
God speed. I wish you the best. 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive