Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 8



7:55 a.m. Monday, August 20, 2012.
''Be it ever so humble'', so says the song -
tho' mine is real messy, ''there's no place like home'.
... and it's where I belong.

(From Wikipedia: The lyrics to the song: "Home, Sweet Home" were written by John Howard Payne and the music composed by Sir Henry Bishop, in 1823.)
8:42 a.m. Tuesday, August 21.
Every family has some: clueless uncles and goofy aunts ...
so if I'm too old to be your honey,
I'd still like to join you for a meal or a dance!

(written in less than 10 minutes on Friday, August 10)

9:35 a.m. Wednesday, August 22.
Been up awhile - better go eat.
Strawberry ice cream - that's my treat!

9:05 a.m. Thursday, August 23.
Death and taxes and bugs and bills -
Daily with me and always will.
But I'm thankful for other things -
I'm alive so my heart mostly sings!
While I'm still breathing, I know I can cope
With all of my problems, and I still have hope.
Thank you, God, for forgiveness when I stray.
I know I'll be blessed with Heaven one day,

(written in about 10 minutes late the previous day)

8:20 a.m. Friday, August 24.
Love is patient so while I'm living -
I know God is love - patient and forgiving.

8:15 a.m. Sunday, August 26.
Why are some people nasty? Why do some like to control?
Don't they know when they hurt others,
it also leaves them in the cold?
I know God knows what goes on, and that He cares for me,
but when a friend becomes hateful,
I wish my brain had a ''delete'' key.
Such meanness is like a virus that eats inside my brain.
Please, God, remind me to praise you,
Please God, take away my pain.

(written in about 10 minutes the previous evening.)

8:50 a.m. Monday, August 27.
Oh how terrible to be sick, especially on Sunday morning -
Can't chance exposing others, so I'll stay in bed, a'groaning.

(written especially for Joyce Brumbeloe, who was sick the previous day and unable to make it to worship.)

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive