Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 12



8:37 a.m. Wednesday, September 19, 2012.
It was pouring rain, but the day was bright.
Cloud cover, but the sun shone through!
Thought for sure that there'd be a rainbow ...
God's promise in pink, green, and blue!

But the only thing that could be seen ...
Rain-fed earth, grasses green ...
Drawn with God's lovely brush-painted sheen ...
Dirty things had been made clean.

Just as we're washed in the blood,
buried with Christ, o'erwhelmed by flood ...
Sprinkling's wrong. That just won't do.
Raised to live a life brand new.
(Kind of a double poem I wrote the previous day, about what was happening then. Temperature on my porch about 8 a.m. was 55 cool degrees! Bible class at the Huffman church of Christ building at 10:30 today.)

8:07 a.m. Thursday, September 20.
My brain today is running slow.
The rhymes right now are getting low.
The weather’s changed and there’s a chill.
I’ll blame that on why my thinking’s taken a spill.
(I know the meter on that last line isn't good.)

8:55 a.m. Friday, September 21.
A Waffle House just opened up about 2 miles from me.
Yesterday I went with a friend and we ate mightily!
Do you call that gluttony?
(As one friend pointed out, because I took about half of mine home for a couple other meals, it wasn't gluttony.)

7:55 a.m. Saturday, September 22.
Crocheting so slow I was almost going backward ...
Or “frogging” some yarn 'cause I made a mistake.
I know that I'm tired when I can't do an ''easy'' -
When a nap's on my mind and the time isn't late.
 

8:10 a.m. Sunday, September 23.
Where I go to worship,
our gospel meeting starts today.
We don't try to "prosetyze" -
Only Jesus can lead the way.
The visiting preacher is originally from here.
I look forward to hearing him speak.
I'm sure it will be God's Words he says -
Powerful, but meek. 

9:50 a.m. Monday, September 24.
The seasons change. There's now a chill.
Birds? Mostly crows -- the song birds are still.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive