Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 9



9:20 a.m. Tuesday, August 28, 2012.
God made the rules. He gives the test.
For every day, I'll do my best.

8:35 a.m. Wednesday, August 29.
Writing a poem a day is really hard.
Lets you and me know I'm not much of a bard!

9:50 a.m. Thursday, August 30.
Can't believe how late I stayed up last night, reading!
To bed at 3:45!
Wasn't long before the sun this morning woke me,
So I'm not "lively" but yeah, I'm alive.

8:52 a.m. Friday, August 31.
I had a good night; hope you did, too.
Weather looks like it'll be a nice day.
Pat's coming over - she's a real good friend.
We're going to lunch and to Lifeway.

9:48 a.m. Saturday, September 1, 2012.
So many books, so little time - so much yarn to crochet!
When I die, I'll have a book or a hook in my hand
When my body's put into the clay!
But I learn from books, and I crochet things,
And both help me to unwind.
I'm content with my lot and here I'll stay,
Until God calls me home in His time.

8:00 a.m. Sunday, September 2.
The Amish are called the "Plain" people.
I've been reading about them awhile.
Mostly they seem contented.
No matter what happens, they smile.
Daily they read their Bibles. Daily they also pray.
They work unattached to the outside.
Shouldn't we all be somewhat that way?

(written in a few minutes on Saturday, August 25)

9:10 a.m. Monday, September 3.
I know the sun is shining, and that it's shining here,
but there's a really thick cloud cover. Today is storming and drear.
Cannot see the sun, tho' time is after nine.
It’s raining steady, gloomy, but with God, the day is fine.

(So it's not one of my best. I wrote it as I was posting it. When the rain let up a little, I brought in the day's newspaper. Sugar melts; salt lumps. I'm not sugar, so I'm OK!)

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive