Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 6



8:14 a.m. Sunday, August 5, 2012.
I'm going to worship God today. It won't be from my home.
Encouraging one another cannot be done alone.

(Bible study starts at 9:30, worship service at 10:30 for about an hour, then another hour beginning at 5 p.m. Wish you were here and could be with me. I figure if a person can go to the store for a couple hours on Saturday and to work for 8+ hours on Monday, that they can go to a church house for a few hours on Sunday.)

9:15 a.m. Monday, August 6.
Awake again. O happy day. I love the peace and quiet.
I thank God that I am so blessed with more time to get things right.

8:10 a.m. Tuesday, August 7.
A Bible class again today --
Study God's Word so I'm less to stray.

9:15 a.m. Wednesday, August 8.
The separation we call death is hard, no matter when,
But it's easier if that one's a Christian, knowing we'll see them once again.

(I wrote this in less than 10 minutes Thursday, July 26, in anticipation of Chester Campbell's passing. Joyce Brumbeloe, her daughter Tina Howard, Eunice Davis, and I rode together to the viewing at noon and funeral at 1:00. Sad that Chester's no longer with us, but he's with someone better. When we wave goodbye from this shore, others are welcoming him on that better shore.)

9:10 a.m. Thursday, August 9.
Back when I was in my 40s, I rode a motorbike.
And for years, I was a radio DJ! I've had an interesting life.
College, marriage, and divorce, But most importantly:
I'm a Christian, and I worship God. That counts - eternally.

9:40 a.m. Friday, August 10.
I don't know how long for me that I can keep this going -
Writing poems every day and make them not too boring.

8:55 a.m. Saturday, August 11.
A year ago this morning, my family and I had to weep.
Angels I'm sure welcomed Mother,
as she passed from this life in her sleep.

8:15 a.m. Sunday, August 12. 
It's hard to let a good friend go,but death comes, ready or not.
We'd better live as God commands because this life is all we’ve got.

(I'm going to worship God this morning at the church house, to be encouraged and hopefully to encourage others. Where are YOU going today?)

8:33 a.m. Monday, August 13.
I'm up so now will get my hooks -
Crochet some and read some books.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive