Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 4



Morning, Friday, July 20, 2012.
Yesterday when the mail carrier came,
I was sitting on my porch.
She hollered at me: "Are you yarning?"
I laughed and said, "Yes, of course!"

I'd never thought of it as "yarning".
I crochet and sometimes I knit.
In my mind, I sometimes "spin a yarn".
I think, and do more than just sit.

In my quiet time, while on my porch swing,
God's Word's often on my mind –
And with each stitch, I count my blessings.
How do you spend your quiet time?

(I wrote that in maybe 10 minutes about 4:30 the previous day. Yes, I was on my porch swing, crocheting - and alternately reading a ladies' Bible class lesson book. Sometimes my hands and fingers get tired from the "yarning" and I have to give them a rest. A lot of yarn I buy does come by USPS so the carrier has been onto my porch when I've been making things.)

8:30 a.m. Saturday. July 21.
It's Saturday. I'm "checking in" –
Heading for my porch with crochet hooks and pen.

7:45 a.m.Sunday. July 22.
This is the Lord's Day. I'll soon be on my way
To worship and to pray. I'll try to never stray.

7:45 a.m.Monday. July 23.
I do not care so much for looks. I know that I'm not pretty.
I'd rather one like me 'cause they think I'm interesting, kind, and witty.

9:05 a.m.Tuesday. July 24.
Two meetings today and both include food – I guess that'll be all right.
Morning Bible class and lunch - American Council of the Blind tonight

10:10 a.m. Wednesday, July 25.
A friend came for a short visit, so I've been up for awhile -
My day started with good conversation, with love and laughter and smiles!

(Pat came over earlier. She's the long-time friend I recently reconnected with ... comes over once a week or so and takes me to the store, and we go for lunch. Usually it's close to 4 hours; today she was here only about 30 minutes.)

8:45 a.m. Thursday, July 26.
I'm blessed today with cooling fans,
A quiet home and working hands.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive